Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm in the Christmas mood but not in the cleaning mood...

I love decorating for Christmas. I love all the colors, glitter, shine, and just about everything to do with Christmas but in order for me to decorate I have to clean my house. Many of you know me well and know that I'm not a clean freak. I consider myself the type who picks up and cleans the things that need to get done or the type that will hurry up and make my house presentable for guest that come over. Most of you don't know but Tony has been working everyday from 9am to almost 10pm (somedays... if I'm lucky he'll come home around 9:20pm). His assistant that we thought was going to be awesome decided to quit right after we got back from vacation in October. So Tony hasn't really had a day off for a long time. I feel really bad for him and I know I should be a good wife and have the house clean and dinner on the table by the time he gets home. No excuses but I have one... I work so hard at my job that by the time I get off work I don't feel like cleaning up or cooking. I sometimes feel like a terrible wife but I just can't get in the mood for cleaning up or organizing. We've lived in our house for over a year now. I'm not saying its terrible cause its not and people that stop by and see it don't think its messy at all. Granted they only stay downstairs where the living room and kitchen is. Tony and I don't spend much time down there. The terrible thing is now that I think about it... we've lived in our house for more then a year and I still have not decorated it!!!! I just need to pay my mother to come and make it pretty.
Well back to why I'm writing this entry... So as all of you probably celebrated Thanksgiving was Thursday. Tony and I had his cousin Alex and Tony friend and coworker AJ come over for dinner. We made our very first turkey ever and it turned out wonderful. We didn't eat until 6 and ended up having to go to the store to buy tupperware to put the extras away... there was a ton of extras. So we didn't get home until really late... Tony and I didn't want to clean the dishes. The next day was Black Friday... the worse day in the world if you work retail. Tony and I were exhausted and again didn't want to do the dishes. Sat same thing... we both worked all day and were to lazy. Then there was Sunday... Tony and I have decided that on Sundays we don't do any chores or anything that would take away from the spirit being in our home. So as you guessed it we yet again didn't do the dishes. So here it is Monday 9:00 PM... the kitchen is starting to smell... I'm actually surprised that it hadn't started smelling a couple days ago. I can't stand it anymore so I am doing the dishes. Here is a picture of some of the dishes that we had sitting on our counter. I'm sorry its just gross!!!!These weren't even all of them. Before I took this picture I have a ton more. They are in the dishwasher.

Anyways... now for the fun part. As I said before I love Christmas and decorating. While I was trying to do the dishes I pulled out some things for my kitchen.I'm excited to finish the rest later. Well off to bed.

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

I've been in your shoes before. I just want to let you know that you are not a bad wife. You work hard and it's ok that you don't want to do much. Don't be yourself up.