Sunday, February 7, 2010

Adulthood...Disney...makeovers

So Tony and I worked on our taxes the other day to find out that we have to pay. Not a little but a little then what we expected. We owe about 1500 dollars. Which is nuts cause we payed almost 10 grand in taxes already. We've come to the conclusion that we will probably never get money back again. Oh well that is what you get for being adults right? Good thing we saved money. Its just a bummer cause that we have to take it out of our Disney . YES... we have a Disney fund. Next year my family is doing family reunion on the Disney Cruise. We decided because Michael will be coming home from his mission and Hannah will be graduating, it would be a fun trip to get everyone together for a vacation. Tony and I have been looking forward to it since last year. We're getting back into shape and trying to get as much of our car and house payed off as possible that way we have no worries before we leave on the trip. I'm excited to go... 1. because I haven't been back since I worked at Disneyworld in 2003 and 2. I get to bring Tony with me. He has never gone and there is so much down there that I would like to share with him. For our first anniversary I took him to Disneyland for the first time. He loved it. He's a big kid anyways so I figure he will be in heaven when he see's what is in store down there. I know for me there are so many changes that it won't be the same since I was there. Plus the last time my family had a vacation was way before I got married. I actually think the last time is when they came to visit me at Disney World. So that was a long time ago. Brian, Kevin and I went on missions, We've all gotten married and Brian and his wife had a baby boy. So there have been a lot of changes since my family was all together. It will be a great place to hang out and see each other again.
That same year is also my 10 year High School Reunion. That makes me feel so old. So my goal before the next year is to lose 40 pounds, get my teeth fixed, and hopefully look and feel better. My husband says that I look great and I don't need to do anything to myself but for me I feel like I'm ready for a change. I've been doing the Biggest Loser workout for the Wii. It is kicking my butt but its actually working. I recommend it for everyone. It always makes me feel fantastic after I do a workout plus it has recipes and a calorie counter. Well worth buying.
Well this is another long blog... Lol. As soon as I either find my camera charger or buy a new camera I'll be able to post some more pics on here. Until then your stuck with my boring typing. Until tomorrow... take care and I hope all is well

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Believe me Amanda, I completely understand about how impossible is it for family to get together. The last time all ten of us were together was May of 2007 for John's welcome home and it was sheer miracle. # of us randomly decided to make the trip the night before b/c we heard the other kids were going to be there and there were several spouses that weren't able to make it, including mine. and since then, John's gotten married, Martha left on her mission and Joey's turned in his papers and done a year at BYU, and there have been 6 babies born with two on the way.

We're planning a family reunion the year Joe gets back from his mission in 2013, and since most of us have gotten houses, we're doing it the old fashioned way and staying at my parent's and putting the kids in the backyard in tents. It shoul be an interesting venture. Let me know ho things go. I always love seeing your family and knowing how things are going on in their individual families. =)