Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charity event... need donations

So I don't think I have mentioned this on here at all but for Best Buy I'm now in charge of doing all the community service projects for the store. Right now we are going an event on March 17. It is a wonderful event for a great cause. Junior Achievement is a organization that helps teach kids skills that they will need when they grow up but showing them ways with financing to running a business to everyday events. So to help raise money I'm asking for donations for this cause. If you would like to help me out but giving a pledge please let me know. I am only asking for $12 from who ever would like to donate. They event that we are doing in called a Bowl-a-thon. This is where we get the opportunity to bowl and raise even more money for this charity.

The really cool thing that Best Buy does is sets up a store for this kids to run and purchase things at. We give them some money and split them up. Half the kids have to run the store and the other half get to spend the money and manage their money. Then they switch. Its a great thing because we're not just telling them but we're actually giving them hands on experience. So please help me raise some money for them so we can teach more kids every year. Thank you!!!!!



The 2010  bowling theme is "Luck of the Irish."  Click on the graphic  for more information.

No comments: